vb6 - vb 6.0 program on windows 7 -


I am trying to install and run a program written in vb 6.0 on Windows 7. It was running properly and running Windows XP. After installing and running the error message says that

  run-time error 33 9 ": component voice.ocx or any of its dependencies have not been registered correctly: any The file is missing or invalid.   

The program has a voice recording thing.

I manually register that OCX component but still error which

  module failed to load "voice.ocx".   

and I run VB run-tie I try to install and still show the same error. I believe that the Windows 7 support vb 6.0 program.

One thing I'm not sure here is that I have an OCX component 16 or 32 bit Version or not. I do not think we can register the 16 bit version of the OCC in Windows 7.

And I also install and run in compatibility mode or even as administrator. I think this is a Is there a platform related issue? And this could be some other thing. So, I appreciate your hints or clues on this program in Windows 7.

Thanks in advance. Regards, see

Just press someone else to see it. This is what I did

I knew that the program was running on Windows installed with Visual Basic I was given only exe and MDB so I made a virtual machine (from my side) of Windows XP, installed the visual root and tested the app. this was good. Then I downloaded a dependency tool called Dependency Walker. I installed it in the virtual machine and said it to open my exe.

After this load I ignored the warnings and asked to start it profiling. I ran the app, stepped through what I could see, then got out of the application. It left me with the log of those DLLs that were accessed. Gradually I went through these checks whether they were present on my windows 7 setup, when someone was missing, I copied it into my application directory and then from an elevated command prompt "regsrv32 [missing_name.dll] ] "There was no file till the run, as far as I did not have windows 7 was not desktop.

The application worked fine! This will not work at all times because the third party's OCX or DLL has been written. But it can help anyone.

Comments